Drive an electric vehicle as part of My Electric Avenue and help us shape a low carbon future – and save you money!
Latest News: Paul Ross takes part in My Electric Avenue
TV and radio presenter Paul Ross has become one of the latest people to drive an all-electric Nissan LEAF as part of My Electric Avenue’s Social Trials.
Paul shared his views with us about whether an electric car is a practical proposition for his life for a feature on the MSN website.
After just a few weeks with the new Nissan LEAF, driving it around 80 miles each day, Paul is amazed at how much money he is saving by running the car, which he calculates to be around £7,000 per year!
Find out more about our Social Trials, which allow participants to lease a new 100% electric Nissan LEAF at a specially negotiated rate for 18 months.
We’re looking for ten ‘electric avenues’ – groups, or ‘clusters’, of ten people or more – where each person will drive an electric car for 18 months to trial a new technology. We are preparing for when electric cars will be commonplace. The technology will monitor and control the electricity demand from charging electric cars. It is a solution that will save expensive and disruptive work being carried out to upgrade the electricity network and avoid the need for roads to be dug up.
My Electric Avenue
The trial package offers each person in an eligible group of ten or more people:
– An all-electric Nissan LEAF five-door family hatchback
– At an exclusively subsidised monthly rental for 18 months
How you will benefit:
– Save up to 85% on your monthly fuel bill
– £2-3 will take you 80-100 miles (the cost of one recharge overnight)
– Zero road tax – another chance to save money!
– Zero tailpipe emissions – healthier air for you and your family
– Zero petrol or diesel cost
– Fantastic driving experience – smooth, quiet, no clutch or gears
We will take care of:
– Delivery of your new Nissan LEAF to your home address
– Supply and installation of a charging point for everyone taking part
– Ongoing maintenance of the electric car for the 18 month trial period
Ofgem, the energy industry regulator, is funding the project through its Low Carbon Networks Fund, supported by Scottish and Southern Energy Power Distribution, the company that is responsible for maintaining the local electricity network in certain areas in Britain. This will make sure that the lights stay on and that a low carbon, healthy future is possible for all, whilst avoiding unnecessary increases in your electricity bill.
The magic number ten
We need ten or more people to take part in each local area. We will also ask you to take part in surveys and sign up to the full 18 month trial period.
Use this website to check whether you are eligible to take part, to find out more about the benefits of electric vehicles and to register your interest.
My Electric Avenue is the public identity for the Low Carbon Networks Fund Tier 2 project called 'I2EV'.