The technical trials are now fully subscribed! All available spaces have now been filled and so entry for new registrations of interest for these trials are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who has registered their interest, and campaigned for their neighbours to get involved! Without you, there would be no 'Electric Avenues'!
The technical trials are now full.
The technical trials (now full) offered:
– An all-electric Nissan LEAF five-door family hatchback
– At an exclusively subsidised monthly rental for 18 months
– Save up to 85% on your monthly fuel bill
– £2-3 will take you 80-100 miles (the cost of one recharge overnight)
– Zero road tax – another chance to save money!
– Zero tailpipe emissions – healthier air for you and your family
– Zero petrol or diesel cost
– Fantastic driving experience – smooth, quiet, no clutch or gears
My Electric Avenue takes care of:
– Delivery of your new Nissan LEAF to your home address
– Supply and installation of a charging point for everyone taking part
– Ongoing maintenance of the electric car for the 18 month trial period
Information required during the trial
During the course of the trial, cluster trial participants will be contacted either on paper, online, over the telephone, or face-to-face (to be agreed), by De Montfort University to understand more about their everyday driving and charging habits. De Montfort University will also gain participants’ feedback on the technology. This will focus on adjustments in driving behaviour, their experience in taking part, any concerns they may have and satisfaction levels with the technology.
The My Electric Avenue Project was delivered between January 2013 and December 2015 by EA Technology on behalf of Scottish and Southern Energy Networks (SSEN) as part of the Low Carbon Networks (LCN) Fund suite of innovation projects. As the Project is now complete, this webpage will no longer be updated, however you can learn more about the work undertaken by EA Technology at www.eatechnology.com and SSEN at www.ssepd.co.uk/Home.